Welcome to CHECKUP Online Learning
CheckUP is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to better health for people and communities who need it most. We work with our partner organisations and health providers to create healthier communities and reduce health inequities. Through our current range of health programs and initiatives, CheckUP has an established footprint in 190 communities across Queensland.
Watch the video to the right for some examples of the work we are undertaking and the people we are assisting.
· Is an interactive, online course suitable for all health service staff.
· Creates awareness of the barriers people with disability experience when accessing health services.
· Provides strategies and resources to assist health providers reduce the barriers and increase access to their services for people with disability.
· Assists health providers understand legislative obligations for providing equitable, inclusive care for people with disability.
· Attracts CPD points for 35+ health professions and supports health accreditation standards.
· Includes a training App that allows the player to experience health care through the eyes of people with disability.
Genomics for the General Practitioner
Genomic medicine is a
rapidly evolving field with many clinical applications. As a collective, genetic conditions are very
common with approximately 60% of people being affected by a disorder that has a genetic background. This course is
intended to provide relevant information about genomic medicine to assist
General Practitioners in the implementation of genomics into their everyday
Working for a stronger primary health system
We create and deliver education for primary health professionals including general practitioners, primary health nurses, non-clinical practice staff, allied health professionals, medical students and registrars.
The Health Gateway to Industry Schools Program develops school students' knowledge and understanding of the varied roles available in the health workforce and improves their access to learning and experiential opportunities in Queensland's growing health sector.